Tuesday 4 January 2011

Where Everyone Begins: Here's My Story...

So, here i am starting my very first blog about me and my Tietze's syndrome. I am completely new to all this blogging but i'm assuming that every blog has a story behind it on why it came about and why the person decided to start in in the first place. To not break from the normal, i shall follow suit.... two simple words... TIETZE'S SYNDROME.
Most of you reading this will automatically know what i am talking about otherwise you wouldn't have stumbled across me but for those that aren't sure.. tietze's syndrome is defined as the benign inflammation of one or more of the costal cartilage of the rib cage, causing pain in the chest and back. That is not my definition though.

Tietze's to me is so much more than just an "inflammation of the costal cartilages." Tietze's is the one thing in this whole world that keeps me going round and round in circles, unable to do the things that i love with the people that i love and with my perfect boyfriend of which none of this would be possible without because he's my strength.
Tietze's keeps me in this stupid routine of struggling to get up in the morning, pain killers, heating up my "teenage wheatbag" (you'll come across 'him'), taking some more pain killers, double wrapping a scarf around my neck, even more painkillers and then struggling to sleep. It sounds totally bizarre but other sufferers will know where i am coming from.

The only way tietze's syndrome has benifited me is that i now appreciate and value everything so much more and i take nothing for granted. It has taught me to be more understanding and patient. It takes something literally life changing like tietze's to give you this sort of perspective and its extremely hard to understand unless you have experienced it or something similar yourself.

I am in no way at all looking for sympathy. I just want to share how my life has changed since i was diagnosed with tietze's. One thing i would love from this though is contact with other sufferers as there doesn't seem to be many methods of treatment and i don't know anybody that suffers from the same condition.

Charlotte xx

My Teenage Wheatbag



>>>>>>>  I have attached a piccie of my "teenage wheatbag". Its simply a bag of wheat that my boyfriend brought me that i heat up in the microwave to ease my pain. Its nothing special but i couldn't live without it i'm afraid :-S

5 comments:

  1. Hi Charlotte, My name is Elena and I suffer from Tietze syndrome as well. Mine is inherited, well I guess the predisposition is inherited, as my Mom suffered from it. Good news it is eventually goes away so I keep my hopes high. I know exactly how you feel. it is sooooo depressing condition, although I managed to attend all my college classes sometimes I wish it all went to as it was before.I feel anxious especially when I am outside on my own or travelling and this does not help either. Many people do not understand it, they think it is like chest pain when someone has flu or common cold, so it could be frustrating to be seen as a whiny person.
    In September hopefully I go to London to do a BA fashion course...so I am kinda exited and awfully scared as I potentially be on my own all the time.
    Anyway.You are not alone.I hope you felling much better now as it is lovely and hot outside.
    Have a lovely Easter and May holidays and speak to you soon.
    E.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a teenage girl going through the same please emAil me Asap jumpservinvolleyballplayer101@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi, I am a fellow tietze sufferer and i completely understand what you mean when you feel lonely. I try explaining to my husband/family/coworkers why I can't lift groceries or even my own purse for very long because the pain becomes so intense. It completely interrupted my life , it feels like. I was going to go into theatrical combat/fight choreography but now I cant even work out much less throw a stage punch. I feel helpless and weak and it's so frustrating. But it has also helped me learn about myself and focus on other important things in my life like my art. Mine began when the second rib at the top of my rib cage popped out of joint from lifting something heavy and ever since I feel like it has controlled me so much. But if there is anything I can say, it's that pain can never control you, only strengthen you. I wish you all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. please email me back with any tips or tricks that you have. nothing i have tried works. laurel.sein@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. My daughter (Annabel) suffered from schizophrenia for 5 years. I had no idea what was happening and didn’t know where to turn for help. It was hard then because I really didn’t understand the symptoms earlier until she was diagnosed. There was a time she decided to get away from everyone, I was not excluded. I had to sit and cry almost every day because I felt helpless as a single mother (she is all I have got). The anguish I went through taking care of her alone is beyond explanation because there was no support whatsoever from the dad or family members. I fought for proper medical care and humane treatment; I did everything within my reach to get her cured but all to no avail. Countless different medications was prescribed (Zyprexa, fluphenazine, Risperdal, quetiapine, etc.) that she was taking but all we could get was myriad of side effects such as rigidity, drowsiness, dizziness, tremors and restlessness which tends to worsen the already damaged situation. Frustration was the order of the day. I wrote a couple of messages to the Ontario Mental Health Foundation for help because watching my daughter go through such was devastating. It was at this foundation someone shared a testimony about DR James herbal mix medicine, how effective it is and how she went through the most difficult times of her life trying to help her mom fight Schizophrenia. Being that I was already at the verge of giving up because I just couldn't imagine waking up every morning to fight the same demons that left me so tired the night before. I had to contact the Great  doctor, on his email  (GREATCUREMAN@GMAIL.COM)  from our conversations; I was relieved and convinced that the result is going to be positive because I was made to contact people with worse cases. Today, the awful situation of my daughter has gone by. Her happy life is back. She is now a schizophrenia survivor, and I am glad because my daily routine activities can now kick off without obstructions. Don't let Schizophrenia hinder you from living a desired life and also, never allow anyone to decide for you especially when they don't know what you have to go through to get to where you are. I was almost discouraged by the doctor but then, I remembered that: I have to shield my daughter’s destiny with courage, faith and perseverance because she is not in her right state of mind and that the bravery and freedom from fear is found in the ‘doing’. Her life is now a testimony. After my daughter got cured, from the herbal mix medicine Dr James prepared and sent to me, she said, Mom “I just thought, ‘Well, I’m a weirdo, I’ll never be normal, then I said, my daughter, life itself is a misery, and we get stronger in the places we have been broken. Thanks to you Dr. James  for your excellent counseling, no more psychotic symptoms for the past 3 years and 4 months now. To know more about Dr. James and the effectiveness of his Herbs and roots extracts, and he said he got cures for diseases like Bipolar, DIABETES, HPV, SHINGLES, CANCER, ALS, HEPATITIS B, KIDNEY DISEASE, HERPES, Ovarian Cancer, Pancreatic cancers, Bladder cancer, skin cancer, Prostate cancer, Glaucoma., Cataracts, Macular degeneration, Cardiovascular disease, Autism, Lung disease. Enlarged prostate, Osteoporosis. Alzheimer's disease, psoriasis, Tach Diseases, Lupus, Dementia. Kidney cancer, lung cancer. You can reach the Great Doctor on his Email at ... GREATCUREMAN@GMAIL.COM.  I believe you will testify just like me. INFO @ DrJAMESHERBALMIX@GMAIL.COM.

    ReplyDelete