Sunday 16 January 2011

Sunday- My Day Of Rest...Literally

Well, i had my acupuncture on wednesday which was incredibly painful to say the least but i know every session helps. I highly recommend acupunture :-). i didn't hurt at all on thursday, friday wasn't too bad but the weekend is proving to be difficult.

Every person that suffers with tietze's is different because what will work for some won't necessarily work for others. Once you have been examined, your acupuncturist should give you tips on what will help you.
I was told:
  • relax, relax, relax
  • try not to be in a position where you are stressed
  • never allow your chest area to get cold
  • do not put any cold compress on to relieve pain because it won't help
  • only use warm compresses such as a wheatbag
Its definately worth going and giving  it a try. You have to build up your sessions. Its a bit like going on a sun bed i suppose because you'll feel tingly at first but it won't have life changing effects. After 2 sessions, i started to feel the benefits but after 4 i noticed i was getting pain relief for a fortnight!!! (until i had to have a break over the christmas and new year holidays which is rubbish because i have to start building up again).

For anyone in the leicestershire area... this is my acupuncturist and she's fantastic >>> www.acuvitae.co.uk/ariane-thompson.html
 

Slightly side tracked there hahahaha but yes its sunday and its literally my 'day of rest'. Its annoying because i've not chosen to rest to this extent, tietze's decided for me. I have 3 sisters so everything gets a little chaotic to say the least when there's some stress or drama. One of my sisters, flo, has split up with her boyfriend and they have a baby so everything is messy and complicated. Its very hard to be chill when everyone around you is losing their cool. I'm the eldest out of me and my sisters too so i'm quite a focal point when help is needed because our mum isn't around much but nobody seems to understand that I AM TEMPORARILY OUT OF ORDER. Its at times like this when i wish the acupuncturist was living with me so she could see that the 'rules' sound easy but living by them can be difficult and challenging to say the least.

So... i am having an unwanted day of rest simple because i am hurting too much to do anything. I am sat here with my wheatbag right now. I have a dvd all lined up to watch with my lovely boyfriend  and thats after i have laid down and relaxed after slouching just to type this hahahahaha. Absolute madness isn't it! I'm only 23 and i'm struggling to do anything. I had twinges of pain from the moment i woke up this morning but with all the drama surrounding me at the minute.. i've gone from a 2 out of 10 on my pain scale to a 7 out of 10. Its not like a 'normal' flare up because it feels different and i know its been brought on by stress but thats the way the cookie crumbles so i'll deal with it :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment