Sunday 30 January 2011

Tietze Is A Rollercoaster

Just when you think you're kicking it's ass... it decides to yet again have another flare up and encourage my body give me a short bout of Bell's Palsy just so its kicking me whilst i'm down...


Tietze's isn't all bad though, i had a really lovely girl called Ella message me through Facebook so i finally have met one other person that suffers like i do :-D it absolutely made my day!!! It sounds quite bizarre doesn't it to meet another 'sufferer' and to be happy about it hahaha but it cheered me up.


Also, i passed my years anniversary of having tietze's and boy oh boy has it been a year. I'm missing having a normal life more than ever at the minute. Its absolutely impossible for me to work at the moment and without working i can't plan a future with my boyfriend :-(
Sometimes i really feel for Sean because he's lovely and he deserves the best but my body is so temperamental... we can't plan ahead and work on our plans of moving in together because we need two fairly good incomes and mine is all over the place. Its not fair on him so it kind of feels selfish but i can't imagine my life without him.


In the past two weeks i have had 2 awful flare ups of tietze's. Its been hard for me just to do basic things like getting ready just to face another day, getting dressed etc. The thing about us tietze's sufferers though is that in a way, we're fantastically special... we have tremendous amounts of pain and each day we harden ourselves towards it whereas the average person would be in total agony! When people are ill they can freely chat and complain about their illlnesses whereas we are constantly conscious that we are talking about the same thing which could be boring everyone else because they could practically finish our sentences hahahaha.


I don't know if i'm the only person but sometimes i find myself feeling so alone regardless of how many people i'm sat with or what i'm doing... nobody around me feels how i do and its so lonely... its just one of those things that i suppose i'll just have to grow with it and embrace :-D


On a lighter note though hahahahahaha because i had bells palsy this week... for those of you that aren't sure what it is, its a dysfunction of a cranial nerve VII (the facial nerve) that results in inability to control facial muscles on the affected side- as defined by Google... my personal definition is a paralised fat face on one side that hurts loads and is swollen excessively both inside the mouth and outside making me look appalling! Anyways, when i went for acupuncture this week, she was very concerned that i had this problem and put the needles in throughout my body like usual but put a few in the back of my neck and some in my face!!! This has resulted in me having an awful mark on my face that i can't even hide. I have tried everything to get it gone or at least hidden, hopefully the other 3 needles that i had in my face don't decide to show up to else i'll temporarily call myself the human dot-to-dot hahahaha

6 comments:

  1. Hi Charlotte - I suffer from it too and have for several years. In the past 9 months it, at times, becomes unbearable. I had a chiro adjust me a few months ago and it seemed to help. I think I am going to start having adjustments at least once a month and see how that goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Charlotte. I see you might have abandoned this blog since there hasn't been a post in over a year, but I hope you haven't given up. This is a great resource for those of us who suffer from Tietze's. I have had it for several years at least. At first I thought it was always asthma I suffered from or bronchitis, but meds never seemed to help. Finally I was diagnosed with Tietze's, although there doesn't seem to be much they can do besides anti-inflammatories and steroid shots - neither of which help a lot. So I can definitely relate to you suffering. Even wearing a bra is excruciating sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holy shit! I hear you on the bra! I take mine off, thinking it will help, and I still hurt! I was diagnosed a year ago, after a bout of pneumonia. Found this blog while trying to see what others have used for treatment. It's SO painful.

      Delete
  3. What treatment do you use? I was diagnosed this year and I usually just rest and add heat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Facebook info? I have tietze and want to chat! Donna909702@gmail.com
    Google search that and toll find my fb
    Www.facebook.com/artbydmh i think.

    I've tried about 10 diferent treatments now. (basically the Las Vegas test dummy)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was diagnosed a year ago after pneumonia. I coughed so hard; they figure that's how mine developed. My neck and shoulders are so painful, not to mention the excruciating pain in my chest! It's an awful feeling when flared and I want to know what might work so it doesn't keep coming back. Sadly, it's nice to know there are others who have the same symptoms.

    ReplyDelete